Poll

Which topic do you think is under represented on our site? Leave your comments and suggestions in the section “Comments and Suggestions”
Museum Collection
Exhibitions
Museum Events
Museum – to Children
Don Cossacks
Natural Monuments
Information for Tourists
View result

Results

Museum Collection
1 (11%)
Exhibitions
1 (11%)
Museum Events
1 (11%)
Museum – to Children
1 (11%)
Don Cossacks
2 (22%)
Natural Monuments
1 (11%)
Information for Tourists
2 (22%)
Polls archive

History of Establishing

|History of Establishing
|Staff
|Code of Ethics

Current Events: 1984-2010 

1984

  • April, 6. The Resolution of the CPSU Central Committee and the USSR Council of Ministers, number 306, “About immortalization of memory of the twice Hero of Socialist Labour, a writer and public figure M.A. Sholokhov was adopted.
  • July, 11. The Resolution of the RSFSR Council of Ministers “About immortalization of memory of the twice Hero of Socialist Labour, a writer and public figure M.A. Sholokhov was adopted.

For implementation of the Resolution of the CPSU Central Committee and the USSR Council of Ministers of April, 6, 1984, number 302, the RSFSR Council of Ministers decides:

“… 2. To found the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve in the Sholokhov District the Rostov Region…”

  • September, 10. According to the Order of the RSFSR Minister of Culture Y.S. Melentiyev the appointed director of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve was Nikolay Alexandrovich Bulavin.
  • In the Museum-Reserve the departments were set up: of historic and memorial expositions including the house and estate of the Sholokhovs in Kruzhilinskiy Village, the birthplace of the writer; scientific-expositional, scientific-fund; guard; restoration and museumfication of the historic and cultural memorials; garden-park art and natural landscape.

 

1985

  • In the Museum-Reserve there were formed the departments of historic and memorial expositions (in Stanitsa Karghinskaya); of scientific education.
  • The first holiday of “Sholokhov Spring” devoted to the 80th anniversary of M.A. Sholokhov was held in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya.
  • The first Sholokhov Readings were held in the form of a scientific conference joined by the leading literature scientists of Russia.
  • A Literary Museum was opened in the building of the former boy’s school in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya, where the exhibition “M.A. Sholokhov. Life and Work” was housed.
  • The zone of the protected natural landscape of the Museum-Reserve on the area of 29760 ha was determined.

 

1986

  • May. “A General Scheme of Development of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve in the Rostov Region” was framed. The scientific-design documents were prepared by the Designing Institute on restoration of historic and cultural memorials “Spetsproektrestavratsiya”  (the North-Caucasian branch). The document determined the Museum development prospects in 1985-2005.
  • A folklore group “Zarnitsa” was formed.
  • “The house, where M.A. Sholokhov lived and worked in 1919-1926” was opened for visit in Stanitsa Karghinskaya.

 

1987

  • February, 19. The estate in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya (94 Podtyolkov Street) was donated to the state by the writer’s family. The house and estate of M.A. Sholokhov, where he lived and worked from 1949 till 1984, became a central structure of the Museum-Reserve.
  • In Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya the memorial house of M.A. Sholokhov (103 Sholokhov Street) was opened, where the writer lived and worked over his novels “And Quiet Flows the Don” and “Virgin Soil Upturned”. A memorial exposition “The Life and Work of M.A. Sholokhov in the 30-s” is laid out in it.
  • November, 7. The first director of the Museum-Reserve Nikolay Alexandrovich Bulavin deceased.

 

1988

  • May, 13. Viktor Vasiliyevich Sukovatov was appointed director of the Museum-Reserve.
  • “The farmstead of T.A. Karghin” in Stanitsa Karghinskaya was conveyed to the Museum.

 

1989

  • A Cossack kuren (house) was put in operation. It became the third structure of the historic-memorial exposition department in Stanitsa Karghinskaya. The museum-workers seat there.

 

1991

  • A new Museum structure was opened in Stanitsa Karghinskaya, a boy’s one-class parochial school, where M.A. Sholokhov studied in 1912-1914.
  • “Sholokhov Spring” was conferred a status of the All-Union Literature-Folklore holiday.

 

1992

  • January, 20. Mariya Petrovna Sholokhova, the wife of the writer, deceased. She was buried near the writer in the garden of the Sholokhovs’ estate.
  • In the Memorial Estate in 103 Sholokhov Street, an exhibition “At Hunting and Fishing” was opened in one of the outbuildings. It displays the articles of fishing and hunting outfit of the writer.

 

1993

  • March. The Museum-Reserve for the first time took part in the annual International Tour Exhibition, which was held in Moscow.
  • “The Upper Garden” on the territory of the Estate of M.A. Sholokhov in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya (94 Podtyolkov Street) was reconctructed.

 

1994

  • February, 19. The Memorial House of M.A. Sholokhov in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya (94 Podtyolkov Street) was opened for visiting.
  • A sculptural composition “To the Cossacks of the Quiet Don” (the author is N.V. Mozhayev) was put up.

 

1995

  • February, 20. The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve was entered in the Federal List of structures of the historic and cultural heritage.
  • The sculptural composition “Grigoriy and Aksiniya” was transferred from Rostov-on-Don to Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya and put up at the Don embankment (the author is N.V. Mozhayev).

1996

  • A new building for the fund depository was put in operation. (60 Sholokhov Street).

 

1997

  • Information-editorial and folklore departments were formed in the Museum-Reserve.

 

1998

  • April. The Museum-Reserve for the first time joined one of the biggest tourist forums in the south of Russia, the international Tourist- Health Resort festival “The Boundless World” held in Rostov-on-Don.

 

1999

  • The folklore group “Zarnitsa” was conferred the title of “The People’s Folklore Group”.
  • An ecological movement of children and youth “Sholokhov Source” was organized.
  • September. The manuscript of the first two books of the novel “And Quiet Flows the Don” by M.A. Sholokhov was redeemed by the A.M. Gorkiy Institute of the World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The money was allotted by the RF Government following the personal order of V.V. Putin.

 

2000

  • May. The reconstruction of the “Memory Garden” timed for the 95th anniversary of M.A. Sholokhov was completed.
  • November, 8. In Rostov-on-Don during the visit of the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin there was a meeting with the public representatives of the region. There was raised a question about a necessity of preparation for celebrating the 100th anniversary of M.A. Sholokhov. The meeting was joined by A.M. Sholokhov, deputy director of the Museum-Reserve.

 

2001

  • April, 17. Alexander Mikhailovich, the writer’s grandson, was appointed director of the Museum-Reserve.
  • The first book of “Vyoshenskiy Vestnik” (the proceedings of the Sholokhov Readings) was issued.
  • The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve organized its first formal Internet site.
  • A new exposition section “The Nobel Triumph” was opened in the house of the writer’s Estate (94 Podtyolkov Street).
  • The department of scientific education was reorganized. Based on it two new departments – that of the youth programs and a tourist-excursion department were formed.

 

2002

  • The Decree of the RF President, number 9, of 11.01.2002, and the Order of the RF Government, number 1243, of 5.09.2002, about celebration of the centenary of M.A. Sholokhov were adopted.
  • The historic and local lore department in Kruzhilinskiy Village became an independent structure of the Museum.
  • April, 25-27. The Museum-Reserve was awarded the Diploma of the V International tourist-health resort festival “The Boundless World”.
  • The Museum-Reserve for the first time held the children’s holiday “Vyoshenskiye Vesnushki” within the frames of the All-Russian literary-folklore holiday “Sholokhov Spring”.

 

2003

  • In the Estate of M.A. Sholokhov a new exposition “Garage” was is opened.
  • A new exposition section was opened in the “hunting room” of the Estate of M.A. Sholokhov (94 Podtyolkov Street), where hunting weapon of M.A. Sholokhov and M.P. Sholokhova is displayed.
  • The Museum-Reserve became the laureate in the annual contest “Tourindustry Leaders” in the nomination of “The Best Partner of the Year is a Museum”.

 

2004

  • Ethnographic department was formed.
  • On the birthday of M.A. Sholokhov a Children’s Museum Centre was opened.
  • May, 24. The Museum-Reserve was awarded the International M.A. Sholokhov Prize “In connection with the 20th anniversary and a great educational work, which is carried out by the Museum workers on realizing Sholokhov’s traditions in life and world culture, on popularizing and spreading the work of the great writer, his moral and civic ideals…”
  • The first All-Russian scientific-practical conference “Museum-Reserve: Ecology and Culture” was held.
  • A book of scientific articles “Flora, Fauna and Micobiota of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve” was issued. It includes the materials on the inventory of the Museum-Reserve biodiversity.
  • The memoirs of the writer’s son, Mikhail Mikhailovich Sholokhov, “About My Father” were published. The book included essays-recollections of different years (Moscow, “Sovetskiy Pisatel”, 2004).
  • October. The 32nd session of the UNESCO General Conference entered the centenary of M.A. Sholokhov into the list of the memorial dates for 2004-2005.

 

2005 is the Year of Sholokhov

  •  By the centenary of M.A. Sholokhov the plan for restoration and reconstruction of the Museum-Reserve structures had been fulfilled.
  • A new structure, “A Cossack Estate of Late XIX- Early XX Centuries” was put in operation in Kruzhilinskiy Village.
  • “Dictionary of the Language of Mikhail Sholokhov” edited by the professor of the Moscow State Pedagogical University E.I. Dibrova was published. The book contains 5 thousand words and 2 thousand phraseologisms, collected by the teachers and students of the University and the Museum scientific workers.
  • The RF Ministry of Culture set up a medal “The 100th Anniversary of The Great Writer, the Nobel Prize Winner, M.A. Sholokhov”. 68 Museum-Reserve workers were awarded with this medal.
  • The All-Russian public organization “The Russian Municipal Academy” set up a memorial medal “For the 100th anniversary of M.A. Sholokhov”. A number of the Museum-Reserve workers were awarded with this medal.
  • March, 29-30. The first international children’s scientific conference “Sholokhov Geography: from the Source to the Nobel Triumph” was held in the Museum-Reserve.
  • The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve published a book “Mikhail Sholokhov: Chronicle of the Life and Work (the materials for the biography)”, devoted to investigation in the biographical materials of the XX century’s classic writer. Compiled by the senior scientific worker N.T. Kuznetsova.
  • In Stanitsa Karghinskaya, in the house of the former parochial school a new exposition “My School Path” was set up. It is devoted to the history of the people’s education on the Don.
  • May, 20. The first Internet-videobridge “Moscow – Vyoshenskaya” took place within the frames of the festivals relay “Sholokhov Spring – 2005”.
  • May, 25. Vyoshenskaya was visited by the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin. The head of the Government put flowers to the tombs of the writer and his wife, visited the estate and the house of M.A. Sholokhov, where the writer lived in 1946-1984, and met with the writer’s relatives.
  • May, 27. A new historic and literary exposition “M.A. Sholokhov. Time and Destiny” was opened in the house of the Literary Museum.
  • May, 27-28. In Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya a Literary and folklore holiday “Sholokhov Spring-2005” was held in devotion to the 100th anniversary of M.A. Sholokhov.
  • At the VII All-Russian museum festival “Intermuseum-2005” the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve was awarded the Grand-Prix.

 

2006

  • January. The Museum-Reserve for the first time took part in a foreign exhibition: it was presented at one of the biggest International tourist exhibitions FITUR-2006 in Madrid.
  • March. The Museum-Reserve was for the first time presented at the International tourist exhibition in Moscow “Intourmarket”.
  • September. The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve took part in the V International conference “The Best in Heritage” in Dubrovnik (Croatia) and was awarded the Diploma for the contribution in the process of preserving the world cultural heritage, became the Member of the International Club “The Best in Heritage” of the Europe Heritage Association”.
  • By the Order of the Russian Federation President of 30.10.2006, number 1208, the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve was entered in the National List of the most valuable structures of the cultural heritage of the Russian Federation peoples.
  • November, 12. The first Museum foreign exhibition “To the Summit of the People’s Literature. Dialogue between Russia and Taiwan” in Tainan. The exhibition displayed the materials of the three big museums of Russia: the State A.S. Pushkin Museum, the State Museum-Estate of L.N. Tolstoy “Yasnaya Polyana”, the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve.
  • November. The Museum-Reserve Administrative and Information centre was set up in operation. It was filled up with up-to-date equipment, comfortable furniture, the system of ventilation and air-conditioning. This building housed a new fund depository, which became one of the best in Russia. All the conditions are provided for preservation of the museum objects: there is a special fund equipment, the system of temperature-humidity regulation and guard and fire signalling.

 

2007 

  • May, 2-7. In a town of Alicante (Spain) the Museum entered the contest for the annual prize of the European Museum Forum and was nominated for this honorary award and gained the Diploma for great achievements in perfecting the museum work quality. The new conception of the Museum-Reserve development “Open Air Novel” was for the first time presented there.
  • May. In Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya a new Museum structure – Excursion-Exhibition Centre of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve (The People’s House) was opened.
  • The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve became the winner of the IV contest for the National Ecological Prize “EcoWorld-2007”.
  • July-August. According to the orders of the Federal Agency Territorial Office on the federal property administration in the Rostov Region of 13.06.2007, number 1085-p, and of 13.07.2007, number 1211-p, the “House of Martyn Brothers” in Rostov-on-Don, 125/69 Bolshaya Sadovaya Street, was conveyed to the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve.  The house was built at the end of the XIX century and is a historic and architectural memorial.

 

2008

  • May, 28-June, 1. The Museum-Reserve joined the X All-Russian festival “Intermuseum-2008” and was awarded the Diploma of the contest winner in the nomination “the History of My Museum”.
  • August, 11. The department of the memorial landscape preservation and environment monitoring was set up in the Museum.
  • September, 27. The Museum-Reserve became the laureate of the National Y. Senkevich Tourist Prize in the nomination “The Best Regional Museum of Russia”.
  • October, 6-8. The Museum-Reserve held the International scientific-practical conference “Up-to-Date Studies in the Creative Work of M.A. Sholokhov: Problems, Approaches, Conceptions” (Sholokhov Readings). It was joined by the leading Sholokhov researchers and scientists from Russia and the USA.
  • November, 21. In the Excursion-Exhibition Centre there took place an opening ceremony of the exhibition “A.S. Pushkin. Life and Lyre” presented by the State A.S. Pushkin Museum. For the first time the exhibits of one of the leading museums of Russia were conveyed to Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya.
  • December. The Museum-Reserve published a catalogue “Sholokhov’s Word on the Postcard” with the commentary by the senior research worker L.T. Afanasiyeva. This edition sets out a series of publications about the collection of the museum objects kept in the fund depository.

 

2009 

  • March, 5. The archives of A.A. Zimovnov, a former assistant of M.A. Sholokhov in his deputy duties for several years, were donated to the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve. Among the documents there were over 700 readers’ letters to M.A. Sholokhov, rough copies written by Sholokhov himself, diaries kept by Zimovnov.
  • “Souvenir Shop” of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve set out working. It was opened on the holiday of “Sholokhov Spring”.
  • The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve entered the 11th All-Russian festival “Intermuseum-2009” and won the prize and Diploma in the nomination of “Museum Scheme. Innovation in Solving Traditional Problems” for the scheme “Visualization of the Cultural Landscape of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve”.
  • The Museum gained the Grand Prix of the National ecological prize “EcoWorld-2009”. It was awarded a special Diploma of the First degree. The director of the Museum A.M. Sholokhov for his merits in developing science and economics of Russia was awarded the badge of honour – The Silver Cross “For Merits”. The awarding ceremony took place on July, 4, 2009, in the State Duma of the Federal Meeting of the Russian Federation.
  • The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve was awarded the Diploma for the exposition “Open Air Novel” which gained the lead at the exhibition “Innovations in Providing Stability in the Development of Russia: Experience and Prospects in Realizing the Legislation in the Russian Federation Subjects”.
  • In July, the 25th anniversary of the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve was celebrated in the Rostov Regional Philharmonic Society and in Vyoshenskiy Palace of Culture.
  • The Museum-Reserve entered the work of the International conference of literary museums, which was held in Budapest (Hungary). The subject of the conference was “Travellings of Writers – Travelling Writers. How Can Museums Use It?”

 

2010

  • February, 11-21. In an old fortress of San-Carlos-de-la-Cabaña the XIX International Havana Book Fair took place. The State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve presented its exhibition “Mikhail Sholokhov. In the Country of the Quiet Don”. The exposition was visited by Raul Castro.
  • June, 8. In the State A.S. Pushkin Museum in Moscow a Russian-French exhibition “The Place of the Genius” was set out, of which one of the organizers was the State M.A. Sholokhov Museum-Reserve.
  • September, 24. The Museum-Reserve and the Rostov Regional House of People’s Art held in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya a holiday dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic war and the 35th anniversary of screening the film “They Fought for Their Country”.
  • September, 25. The first literary-ethnographic holiday “Autumn in Kruzhilin” was held.
  • The Museum-Reserve published a catalogue “Clothes of the Upper Don Cossacks of the Late XIX- Early XX Centuries” with the commentary by I.A. Korenyughina, a senior researcher.

 

2011

  • On January, 25, the National M.A.Sholokhov Museum-Reserve presented a new version of its official website.
  •  On May, 10, in Stanitsa Karghinskaya, on the territory of the mill complex, the workers of the Museum-Reserve laid an orchard on the spot, where early in the XX century there was an orchard of T.A.Karghin, the mill owner.
  • On October, 8–9, the Museum-Reserve for the first time took part in the Festival of Science of the South of Russia, which was held in Rostov-on-Don.
  • On December, 10, in the Vyoshensky Palace of Culture there was held a concert dedicated to the 25th anniversary of creative activity of the Museum-Reserve folk ensemble “Zarnitsa”.
  • A catalogue “Early Works of M.A.Sholokhov in Illustrations of Artists” with a scientific commentary by V.V.Leonova (scientific worker) was published.
  • A.M.Sholokhov, Director of the Museum-Reserve of M.A.Sholokhov, was awarded the Prize of the Russian Federation Government in the field of culture for organization of the all-Russian literary and folklore holiday “Sholokhov Spring”.

 

2012

  • The Museum-Reserve for the first time participated in the international tourist exhibition “Beijing International Tourism Expo-2012”, which took place in Beijing in the Year of Russian Tourism in China.
  • In Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya, on September, 15–16, there was held an enlarged meeting of the Presidium of the Union of Russian Museums.
  • In Argentina and Peru, the Museum-Reserve presented a photo exhibition “M.Sholokhov. In the Country of the Quiet Don” devoted to the art of Mikhail Sholokhov, the world-known Russian writer, the Nobel Prize winner.
  • A catalogue “Sholokhov: Biography in Photos. 1905–1941” with a scientific commentary of L.V.Bukina and N.V. Kirsanova (scientific workers), was published.

 

2013

  • On February, 14–17, the Museum-Reserve of M.A.Sholokhov for the first time took part in the international tourist exhibition and fair “BIT-2013” in Milan (Italy).
  • On April, 2–6, in the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Berlin, A.M.Sholokhov took part in the meeting of the Rossotrudnichestvo Council for Support and promotion of the Russian Cultural Heritage Abroad.
  • May. A presentation of “Sholokhov Encyclopaedia” (Y.A.Dvoryashin, chief editor) took place in Stanitsa Vyoshenskaya.
  • The second part of the catalogue “Book Collection of M.A.Sholokhov. Books with Autographs” was published.
  • August, The Museum-Reserve took part in the XXIII General ICOM Conference, which was held in Rio-de-Janeiro (Brazil).
  • The Museum-Reserve became the winner of the All-Russian Historical and Literary Prize “Alexander Nevsky”.
  • On October, 21, Mikhail Mikhailovich Sholokhov, the Museum chief consultant, the younger son of the great writer M.A.Sholokhov, died on his 79th year of life.
  • On October, 24, the Museum-Reserve presented an exhibition “M.A.Sholokhov. The Life and Art” in the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Copenhagen (Denmark).
  • On November, 21, in Moscow, A.M.Sholokhov took part in the Russian Literary meeting.
  • December. A catalogue “The World of Sholokhov and His Personages” was published.
  • The second edition of collected teaching materials “Sholokhov Museum for Children” was published.